Friday, September 23, 2011

Interstitial Cystitis "invisible illness"

1. The illness I live with is:Interstitial Cystitis
2. I was diagnosed with it in the year: 2004
3. But I had symptoms since: about 6 months prior
4. The biggest adjustment I’ve had to make is:having to pee all the time
5. Most people assume: I have no idea
6. The hardest part about mornings are: having to pee the second my eyes open
7. My favorite medical TV show is: Grey's Anatomy, Mystery Diagnosis, House....I'm a medical info junky
8. A gadget I couldn’t live without is: My meter. And pump. And iPod- music makes the world a better place
9. The hardest part about nights are: waking up to pee
10. Each day I take 12 pills & 8 vitamins: plus insulin
11. Regarding alternative treatments I: they have worked better that pharmaceuticals
12. If I had to choose between an invisible illness or visible I would choose: neither, but if I had to chose I like that I can open up when I can about invisible illnesses
13. Regarding working and career: It is not entirely due to the IC, but I am disabled
14. People would be surprised to know: My symptoms started with frequent urinary tract infections
15. The hardest thing to accept about my new reality has been: This is not a new reality, but when it was new the thought of living with this pain forever was imaginable
16. Something I never thought I could do with my illness that I did was: go into remission for 4 years
17. The commercials about my illness: are nonexistent
18. Something I really miss doing since I was diagnosed is: being able to travel with less hassle
19. It was really hard to have to give up:acidic foods
20. A new hobby I have taken up since my diagnosis is: this has not influenced new hobbies
21. If I could have one day of feeling normal again I would: leave the house without thinking about where the nearest bathroom is
22. My illness has taught me: How to appreciate the truly important things in life and not to be so superficial.
23. Want to know a secret? One thing people say that gets under my skin is: this is rarely a subject of conversation
24. But I love it when people: treat me like a normal person
25. My favorite motto, scripture, quote that gets me through tough times is: Live for today, pray for tomorrow 
26. When someone is diagnosed I’d like to tell them: It is bearable, and you are not alone
27. Something that has surprised me about living with an illness is: that IC even existed
28. The nicest thing someone did for me when I wasn’t feeling well was: Just spending time with me even when I am not the life of the party is the greatest gift.
29. I’m involved with Invisible Illness Week because: Well, it was back in July.  I just found this on a fellow blogger's sight and thought it was cool.  (see sixuntilme.com)
30. The fact that you read this list makes me feel: Happy that you may have a little more insight, and that you care!

No comments:

Post a Comment